Version April 8, 2020
N.B. From 1 January 2022 we charge € 500,- start-up costs.
Can I return my items?
Consequences of the cancellation
- If you cancel the contract, you will receive all payments you have made up to that point, including delivery costs (with the exception of any additional costs resulting from your choice of a delivery method other than the cheapest standard delivery offered by us) without delay and in any case, no later than 14 days after we have been informed of your decision to cancel the agreement, back from us.
- If you return only part of your order, the costs for delivery will not be refunded.
- We will pay you back with the same payment method with which you made the original transaction, unless you have explicitly agreed otherwise; in any case, you will not be charged for such reimbursement.
- We may withhold the refund until we have received the goods back or until you have demonstrated that you have returned the goods, whichever is the earlier.
- You must return or hand over the goods to us without delay, but in any case no later than 14 days after the day on which you have notified us of your decision to cancel the agreement.
- The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
- You will have to bear the direct costs of returning the goods.
- Unless stated otherwise, the return address for products is: Nieuwegracht 1 A, 3763 LP Soest, The Netherlands. For products that are sent directly by museums, the return address will be the address of the relevant museum.
- You are only liable for the diminished value of the goods resulting from the use of the goods, which goes beyond what is necessary to determine the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
How can I order?
Ordering is very easy:
- Select the product or products you wish to purchase by adding them to the shopping cart – each product has an “Add to Cart” button to do this.
- When you add a product you will immediately be given the choice to go to your shopping cart to continue checking out – otherwise you can always go to your shopping cart at the top of the site by clicking on the shopping cart.
- Once in your shopping cart you will see what the costs for your order are, whether there are any additional service costs. You can also choose a delivery option here and see what the costs for delivery are (if you already provide your address here).
- Then proceed to Checkout. You can enter billing and delivery address and select your payment method here.
- We use Mollie for payments, if you continue on the payment page you will be redirected via Mollie to the payment page of your bank.
Are there certain items that I cannot return?
In general, you can return all items, but there are a few exceptions:
- Products that are not suitable to be returned for reasons of health protection or hygiene and of which the seal has been broken after delivery;
- Audio, video recordings and computer software of which the seal has been broken after delivery.
How do I return my items?
Every return in your account: Log in, go to your order and report your item return. The direct costs of returning the goods are for your account.
- Keep your proof of shipment or the email. This allows us to track your shipment if something goes wrong.
- Multiple items returned? Tick all the items you want to return in your account. Are all items from the same seller? Then cam be put into 1 box. Multiple return addresses? Then register each item separately and send them separately in a separate box, each with its own shipping label.
- Doesn’t fit in 1 box? Mention the address and return number on each box, then we will match them in our warehouse.
- It is not possible to report more than 10 items in one return.
- You can also return via the model withdrawal form.
What is the return address?
Unless stated otherwise, the return address for products is: Nieuwegracht 1 A, 3763 LP Soest, The Netherlands. For products that are sent directly by museums, the return address will be the address of the relevant museum.
Which delivery costs are charged?
Depending on the address where the order must be delivered, shipping costs will be charged. Orders are usually shipped via PostNL or GLS.
If multiple delivery options are possible, these will be stated including costs at checkout and you can choose the delivery option you want.
Depending on the agreements we have with the selling museums, additional processing costs may be charged. In these cases, this is always stated before you checkout.
Depending on the agreements we have with the selling museums, the products are either sent centrally for the Dutch Museum Gift Shop by our fulfillment company or by the museums themselves. If you have products from different museums in your shopping cart that are shipped from different locations, shipping costs will be charged separately for each location.
Indication Costs when sending via PostNL when shipped by Museum
|Land/Zone||Type of shipment||Weight||Maximum format||Rate|
|EUR1||Parcel||0-2kg||1000 x 500 x 500 mm||€ 13,00|
|EUR1||Parcel||2-5kg||1000 x 500 x 500 mm||€ 19,50|
|EUR1||Parcel||5-10kg||1000 x 500 x 500 mm||€ 25,00|
|EUR1||Parcel||10-20kg||1000 x 500 x 500 mm||€ 34,00|
|EUR2||Parcel||0-2kg||1000 x 500 x 500 mm||€ 18,50|
|EUR2||Parcel||2-5kg||1000 x 500 x 500 mm||€ 25,00|
|EUR2||Parcel||5-10kg||1000 x 500 x 500 mm||€ 31,00|
|EUR2||Parcel||10-20kg||1000 x 500 x 500 mm||€ 40,00|
|Netherlands||Letter||0-20g||380 x 265 x 32 mm||€ 0,96|
|Netherlands||Letter||20-50g||380 x 265 x 32 mm||€ 1,92|
|Netherlands||Letter||50-100g||380 x 265 x 32 mm||€ 2,88|
|Netherlands||Letter||100-350g||380 x 265 x 32 mm||€ 3,84|
|Netherlands||Letter||350-2000g||380 x 265 x 32 mm||€ 4,50|
|Netherlands||Letterbox package||0-2000g||380 x 265 x 32 mm||€ 4,60|
|Netherlands||Parcel||0-10kg||1000 x 500 x 500 mm||€ 7,25|
|Netherlands||Parcel||10–23kg||1000 x 500 x 500 mm||€ 13,50|
|ROW||Parcel||0-2kg||1000 x 500 x 500 mm||€ 29,30|
|ROW||Parcel||2-5kg||1000 x 500 x 500 mm||€ 46,80|
|ROW||Parcel||5-10kg||1000 x 500 x 500 mm||€ 83,30|
|ROW||Parcel||10-20kg||1000 x 500 x 500 mm||€ 145,30|
- EUR 1: Belgium, Denmark (excl. Faroe Islands and Greenland), Germany, France (incl. Corsica and Monaco), Italy (excl. San Marino and Vatican City), Luxembourg, Austria, Spain (incl. Balearic Islands, excl. Canary Islands) Islands), United Kingdom (excluding Gibraltar and the Channel Islands), Sweden.
- EUR 2: all other countries in Europe (excluding Russia).
- Rest of the world (ROW): all other countries (incl. Russia).
Indication shipping costs via GLS when shipping by fulfillment company
|Land/Zone||Type of shipment||Weight||Rate|
Indication of shipping costs via PostNL when shipped by fulfillment company
|Land/Zone||Type of shipment||Weight||Maximum format||Rate|
|EUR||Parcel||0-0,25kg||1000 x 500 x 500 mm||€ 11,02|
|EUR||Parcel||0,25-0,5kg||1000 x 500 x 500 mm||€ 11,42|
|EUR||Parcel||0,5-1kg||1000 x 500 x 500 mm||€ 12,66|
|EUR||Parcel||1-2kg||1000 x 500 x 500 mm||€ 13,95|
|ROW||Parcel||0-0,25kg||1000 x 500 x 500 mm||€ 17,74|
|ROW||Parcel||0,25-0,5kg||1000 x 500 x 500 mm||€ 19,52|
|ROW||Parcel||0,5-1kg||1000 x 500 x 500 mm||€ 22,16|
|ROW||Parcel||1-2kg||1000 x 500 x 500 mm||€ 23,23|
- EUR: all countries in Europe (excl. Russia).
- Rest of the world (ROW): all other countries (incl. Russia).
What delivery options can I choose?
Depending on the delivery address, size and weight of the total order, the correct delivery rates are calculated. For deliveries in the Netherlands of orders of € 75 or more, no shipping costs will be charged.
Depending on the type of fulfillment a museum uses for its products, additional processing costs may be charged. These possible additional costs are mentioned at the checkout.
How long is the warranty valid?
That depends on the article. The warranty that we offer you is laid down by law and is tailored to the expected lifespan of an item.
A manufacturer’s warranty also applies to some products. This guarantee does not affect the legal guarantee. The manufacturer’s warranty differs per manufacturer. You can see how long it takes in the documentation for your article.
What is the warranty of my article?
Your invoice or proof of purchase is also your guarantee immediately. We keep your invoice in your account, when ordering. You will never lose it again.
Do I have a warranty on my items?
Of course! We guarantee that you buy an item that is in good condition and continues to work as expected under normal use, this is the legal warranty. As long as you only use that hairdryer to dry your hair and not your newly painted walls, you’ll be fine with that normal use.
If not, we look for a good solution. Depending on your item, we will arrange a repair or refund of the purchase amount. If you have bought from one of our sellers, our seller is ready for you via the order in your account. Since you have entered into the purchase agreement with him, he is also the one who helps you.
How soon will I be refunded after returning?
We will refund you immediately after we have handled your return. Most returns are processed within 5 working days after they have been returned. How soon the money will be in your account after that depends on your payment method:
- iDEAL or pay afterwards : within 3 working days
- Credit Card : within 5 working days
How quickly is a return processed?
Usually that is within 5 working days after you have sent it. We will keep you informed by mail. We will refund you as soon as your return has been processed.
How do I know if you have received my return?
We will email you as soon as your return has been processed. Usually that is within 5 working days after you have sent it back.
What if I cannot print the return label?
With pen you write the return address with return number on your return package. That is not necessary in your most beautiful handwriting, as long as it is clearly legible.
Can I always pay afterwards?
Yes. If you pay with a credit card, the amount will only be debited when your item has been delivered.
How can I pay?
With the payment methods below, you pay safely anyway.
- iDEAL: is the most used online payment method in the Netherlands; pay via the trusted online payment environment of your bank
- Credit card: the amount is reserved and only debited after your item has been delivered. Accepted credit cards are: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Maestro, PostePay and Cartes Bancaires.
- Klarna Pay now: With this fast and secure payment method, one-off purchases can be settled immediately, via bank transfer or direct debit.
- Klarna Gespreid betalen: various options for installment and deferred payment.
- Apple Pay: an easy, safe and protected way to pay online. Customers do this with the devices they always have with them.
- Bancontact: Bancontact processes about 150,000 online payment transactions per day, making it the most used payment method in Belgium.
- SOFORT banking: European payment method with which payments and donations can be made, without consumers having to create additional accounts.
- Bank Transfer: This is a manual transfer to the bank account of Mollie (our payment provider).
I did not order anything, but I did receive a package
Are your name and address on the box? Then check whether there is a payment instruction with the order.
No payment instruction
Then it is probably a gift. If the item is wrapped in gift wrap, you may also have received a personal greeting.
However, a payment instruction
Then it is an incorrect order. Please contact customer service.
Openen in Google Translate
Webresultaat met sitelinks
I cannot find my order with Track & Trace
You click faster than the postal company could process! Your Track & Trace code will be available from the next day.
Free shipping in the Netherlands
When you have your order delivered in the Netherlands, it can be eligible for free shipping, however:
- The value of the order must be €75 or higher.
- The items in the order should be shipped from the same location.
This last statement requires some extra explanation. The museums that participate in Dutch Museum Gift Shop either send the products themselves or have delegated the fulfilment to our fulfilment partner. If you order items from multiple museums the cart and/or checkout page can show multiple entries for shipping; this means that the order is shipped from multiple locations and might therefore not be (fully) eligible for free shipping. If however, the value of the items shipped from one of those locations is €75 or higher, that part of the order will still be eligible for free shipping.
What is a Track & Trace code?
We mark an order with a Track & Trace code. Very handy, because that way you can see when the delivery person comes by. It is also your proof of shipment. If something goes wrong, we can see where it is with the Track & Trace code.
Please note, not all delivery methods offer Track & Trace.
Who delivers my order?
We work together with PostNL in the Netherlands. For other countries, we work together with other postal companies. Some museums send the packages themselves. These can also cooperate with other delivery parties.
How do I order something?
In 3 easy steps:
- Put an item in your shopping cart and go to order.
- Check and arrange your order. Think of the address, delivery date and packing service.
- Round up by paying. This is possible with iDEAL, or credit card
If you do not have an account yet, you can create this during ordering. Our employees cannot place an order for you by telephone.
Do you want to place an order for larger quantities? Then request a quote
How soon will I be refunded if my order fails?
That your order failed can have several causes. How quickly the money is in your account depends on the reason for your failed order and your payment method:
iDEAL or afterwards: within 3 working days
Credit card: within 5 working days
with iDEAL payment: topped up within 1 hour. Tip: check the value in your account
What can I do if I accidentally ordered an item several times?
If your order has not yet been shipped, you can cancel and then order the correct one. If your order has been shipped, you can return it or refuse it at the door.
Can I still change the order that I have already placed?
No, an order can no longer be modified to protect your data. If your order has not yet been shipped, you can cancel it.
Was my order successful because I have not received a confirmation?
Is your order added to your account? Then it worked.
If you ordered more than 45 minutes ago and you have not received a confirmation and there is nothing in your account, please contact customer service. And do not worry: if money has been debited, we will automatically refund you.
Kann ich jemals danah bezahlen lassen?
Ja. Wenn Sie mit Kreditkarte bezahlen, wird der Betrag erst belastet, wenn Ihr Artikel geliefert wurde.
Not at home upon delivery?
Will your package be delivered by PostNL:
Nobody home? Then PostNL will deliver your package to a PostNL point in the area or they will deliver the package to the neighbors. They will of course leave you a ticket with a “not home code”. This allows you to see on track & trace where you can pick up your package.
Has the package not been collected from the PostNL point after a week? Then they send it back to the sender.
Will your package be delivered by GLS:
Leave the GLS driver a ‘Not Home Message’ with you. You will receive this message when the parcel shipment cannot be delivered.
You can indicate how you want to receive the package via the GLS website.
How does the product range on DMGS come about?
Dutch Museum Gift Shop works together with museums and offers them a platform to sell the products from their museum shop online. The museums manage their own product offerings and are responsible for their inventory, shipping and compliance with the law. These museums themselves determine which products they place on the website, whereby they receive advice from DMGS.
DMGS “curates” the products: we can choose to manually place products higher or lower in the catalog view or make them featured. Criteria are:
- How new is the product – newly placed products are often higher in the ranking than older products.
- Topicality of the product – for example, is there an exhibition in one of the participating museums that relates to the product.
- Special days – around Father’s Day, for example, we will pay more attention to products for fathers.
Related products are also shown for products. These related products are automatically selected based on the match with the product viewed – or have been manually linked to this product by us.
Appendix 1 – General Sales Conditions for Business Sales
Article 1 – Definitions
In these terms and conditions, the following definitions apply:
- Additional agreement: an agreement whereby the Buyer acquires products, digital content and/or services in connection with a distance contract and these items, digital content and/or services are supplied by the Entrepreneur or by a third party on the basis of an agreement between that third party and the Entrepreneur;
- Reflection period: the period within which the Buyer can make use of his right of withdrawal;
- DMGS: part of Honeydew b.v. established in Amsterdam, the provider of the Platform;
- Day: calendar day;
- Digital content: data produced and delivered in digital form;
- Duration agreement: a distance agreement that extends to the regular delivery of goods, services and/or digital content during a certain period;
- Durable data carrier: any tool – including e-mail – that enables the Buyer or Entrepreneur to store information that is addressed to him personally in a way that future consultation or use during a period that is tailored to the purpose for which the information is intended, and which allows unaltered reproduction of the stored information;
- Right of withdrawal: the option of the Buyer to waive the distance contract within the cooling-off period;
- Buyer: the natural or legal person who enters into a Distance Agreement with the Entrepreneur.
- Entrepreneur: the legal entity that offers products, (access to) digital content and/or remote services to Buyers via the Platform;
- Distance contract: an agreement concluded between the Entrepreneur and the Buyer in the context of an organized system for distance selling of products, digital content and/or services, whereby exclusive or joint use is made up to and including the conclusion of the agreement. uses one or more techniques for remote communication;
- Model withdrawal form: the European model withdrawal form included in Appendix I of these terms and conditions;
- Platform: het platform van DMGS (www.dutchmuseumgiftshop.nl) waarop Ondernemer (het Museum) zijn producten aanbiedt aan Kopers;
- Technique for distance communication: means that can be used for concluding an agreement, without the Buyer and Entrepreneur having to meet in the same room at the same time.
Article 2 – Identity of the Entrepreneur
- [Naam ondernemer] (statutory name, possibly supplemented by trade name);
- [Visiting address, if different from the business address];
- Telephone number: [and time(s) at which the entrepreneur can be reached by telephone]
- E-mail address: [of ander aan de Koper aangeboden elektronisch communicatiemiddel met dezelfde functionaliteit als e-mail]
- Chamber of Commerce number:
- VAT identification number: >
If the activity of the Entrepreneur is subject to a relevant licensing system: the data about the supervisory authority.
If the Entrepreneur practices a regulated profession:
the professional association or organization to which he is affiliated;
the professional title, the place in the EU or the European Economic Area where it was awarded;
a reference to the professional rules that apply in the Netherlands and indications where and how these professional rules are accessible.
Article 3 – Applicability
- These general terms and conditions apply to every offer made by the Entrepreneur on the Platform and to every Distance Agreement concluded via the Platform between the Entrepreneur and the Buyer.
- The text of these general terms and conditions will be made available to the Buyer electronically in such a way that it can be easily stored by the Buyer on a durable data carrier. If this is not reasonably possible, before the Distance Contract is concluded, it will be indicated where the general terms and conditions can be consulted electronically and that they will be sent free of charge at the request of the Buyer electronically or otherwise.
- In the event that specific product or service conditions apply in addition to these general terms and conditions, the second paragraph applies mutatis mutandis and the Buyer can always invoke the applicable provision that is most favorable to him in the event of conflicting conditions.
Article 4 – The offer
- If an offer has a limited period of validity or is made subject to conditions, this will be expressly stated in the offer.
- The offer contains a complete and accurate description of the products, digital content and/or services offered. The description is sufficiently detailed to allow a proper assessment of the offer by the Buyer. If the Entrepreneur uses images, these are a true representation of the products, services and/or digital content offered. Obvious mistakes or errors in the offer are not binding on the Entrepreneur.
- Each offer contains such information that it is clear to the Buyer what rights and obligations are attached to the acceptance of the offer.
Article 5 – The agreement
- Subject to the provisions of paragraph 5, the agreement is concluded at the time of acceptance by the Buyer of the offer and compliance with the associated conditions.
- If the Buyer has accepted the offer electronically, receipt of acceptance of the offer will be confirmed electronically. As long as the receipt of this acceptance has not been confirmed, the Buyer may dissolve the agreement.
- If the agreement is concluded electronically, the Entrepreneur will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to secure the electronic transfer of data and ensure a safe web environment. If the Buyer can pay electronically, the Entrepreneur will observe appropriate security measures.
- Buyer must pay the purchase price to DMGS, via one of the payment methods offered by DMGS. Only if payment is made to DMGS, the Buyer has made a discharge.
- DMGS will inform itself on behalf of the Entrepreneur – within legal frameworks – whether the Buyer can meet its payment obligations, as well as of all those facts and factors that are important for a responsible conclusion of the distance agreement. If the Entrepreneur on the basis of this investigation has good reasons not to enter into the agreement, he is entitled to refuse an order or request with reasons, or to attach special conditions to the implementation.
- At the latest when the product or digital content is delivered to the Buyer, the Entrepreneur will send the following information, in writing or in such a way that it can be stored by the Buyer in an accessible manner on a durable data carrier:
Article 6 – Right of withdrawal
- The Buyer can dissolve an agreement with regard to the purchase of a product during a reflection period of 30 days without stating reasons. The Entrepreneur may ask the Buyer for the reason for withdrawal, but not oblige him to state his reason(s).
- The reflection period referred to in paragraph 1 starts on the day after the Buyer, or a third party designated by the Buyer in advance, who is not the carrier, has received the product, or:
For services and digital content that is not provided on a tangible medium:
- The Buyer can dissolve a service agreement and an agreement for the supply of digital content that is not delivered on a tangible medium during 30 days without giving reasons. The Entrepreneur may ask the Buyer for the reason for withdrawal, but not oblige him to state his reason(s).
- The reflection period referred to in paragraph 3 commences on the day following the conclusion of the agreement.
Extended cooling-off period for products, services and digital content that is not delivered on a material medium if you do not inform about the right of withdrawal:
- If the Entrepreneur has not provided the Buyer with the legally required information about the right of withdrawal or the model withdrawal form, the reflection period will expire twelve months after the end of the original reflection period determined in accordance with the previous paragraphs of this article.
- If the Entrepreneur has provided the Buyer with the information referred to in the previous paragraph within twelve months after the commencement date of the original cooling-off period, the cooling-off period will expire 30 days after the day on which the Buyer received that information.
Article 7 – Obligations of the Buyer during the reflection period
- During the cooling-off period, the Buyer will handle the product and the packaging with care. He will only unpack or use the product to the extent necessary to determine the nature, characteristics and functioning of the product. The basic principle here is that the Buyer may only handle and inspect the product as he would be allowed to do in a store.
- The Buyer is only liable for any loss of value of the product that is the result of a way of handling the product that goes beyond what is allowed in paragraph 1.
- The Buyer is not liable for a decrease in value of the product if the Entrepreneur has not provided him with all legally required information about the right of withdrawal before or at the conclusion of the agreement.
Article 8 – Exercise of the right of withdrawal by the Buyer and costs thereof
- If the Buyer makes use of his right of withdrawal, he will report this to the Entrepreneur within the cooling-off period by means of the model withdrawal form or in another unambiguous manner.
- As soon as possible, but within 14 days from the day following the notification referred to in paragraph 1, the Buyer returns the product, or hands it over to (an authorized representative of) the Entrepreneur. This is not necessary if the Entrepreneur has offered to collect the product himself. The Buyer has in any case observed the return period if he returns the product before the reflection period has expired.
- The Buyer shall return the product with all accessories supplied, if reasonably possible in its original condition and packaging, and in accordance with the reasonable and clear instructions provided by the Entrepreneur.
- The risk and burden of proof for the correct and timely exercise of the right of withdrawal lies with the Buyer.
- The Buyer is responsible of the direct costs of returning the product. If the Entrepreneur has not reported that the Buyer must bear these costs or if the Entrepreneur indicates that he will bear the costs himself, the Buyer does not have to bear the costs for return.
- If the consumer withdraws after having first expressly requested that the provision of the service or the supply of gas, water or electricity that has not been made ready for sale in a limited volume or certain quantity starts during the cooling-off period, the consumer owes the entrepreneur a amount due that is proportional to that part of the obligation that has been fulfilled by the entrepreneur at the time of withdrawal, compared to the full fulfillment of the obligation.
- The consumer does not bear any costs for the performance of services or the supply of water, gas or electricity that have not been made ready for sale in a limited volume or quantity, or for the supply of district heating, if:
- The Buyer shall not bear any costs for the full or partial delivery of digital content not supplied on a tangible medium, if:
- If the Buyer exercises his right of withdrawal, all additional agreements will be dissolved by operation of law.
Article 9 – Obligations of the Entrepreneur in case of withdrawal
- If the Entrepreneur makes the notification of withdrawal by the Buyer possible electronically, a confirmation of receipt will be sent immediately after receipt of this notification.
- DMGS will reimburse all payments made by the Buyer on behalf of the Entrepreneur, including any delivery costs charged for the returned product, without undue delay but within 14 days following the day on which the Buyer notifies the Entrepreneur of the withdrawal. Unless the Entrepreneur offers to collect the product himself, DMGS may withhold reimbursement until the Entrepreneur has received the product or until the Buyer proves that he has returned the product, whichever is earlier.
- DMGS will use the same payment method that the Buyer has used for reimbursement, unless the Buyer agrees to another method. The refund is free of charge for the Buyer.
- If the Buyer has chosen a more expensive method of delivery than the cheapest standard delivery, DMGS does not have to reimburse the additional costs for the more expensive method.
Article 10 – Exclusion right of withdrawal
The Entrepreneur can exclude the following products and services from the right of withdrawal, but only if the Entrepreneur has clearly stated this in the offer, at least in good time before the conclusion of the agreement:
- Products or services whose price is subject to fluctuations in the financial market over which the Entrepreneur has no influence and which may occur within the withdrawal period;
- Agreements concluded during a public auction. A public auction is understood to mean a sales method in which products, digital content and/or services are offered by the Entrepreneur to the Buyer who is personally present or who is given the opportunity to be personally present at the auction, under the direction of an auctioneer, and where the successful bidder is obliged to purchase the products, digital content and/or services;
- Service agreements, after full performance of the service, but only if:
- Service agreements for the provision of accommodation, if the agreement provides for a specific date or period of performance and other than for residential purposes, freight transport, car rental services and catering;
- Agreements relating to leisure activities, if the agreement provides for a specific date or period for its implementation;
- Products manufactured to Buyer’s specifications, which are not prefabricated and which are manufactured on the basis of the Buyer’s individual choice or decision, or which are clearly intended for a specific person;
- Products that spoil quickly or have a limited shelf life;
- Sealed products that are not suitable for return for reasons of health protection or hygiene and of which the seal has been broken after delivery;
- Products that are irrevocably mixed with other products after delivery by their nature;
- Alcoholic drinks, the price of which has been agreed upon at the conclusion of the agreement, but the delivery of which can only take place after 30 days, and the actual value of which depends on fluctuations in the market over which the Entrepreneur has no influence;
- Sealed audio, video recordings and computer software, the seal of which has been broken after delivery;
- Newspapers, periodicals or magazines, with the exception of subscriptions thereto;
- The supply of digital content other than on a tangible medium, but only if:
Article 11 – The price
- During the period of validity stated in the offer, the prices of the products and/or services offered will not be increased, except for price changes as a result of changes in VAT rates.
- Contrary to the previous paragraph, the Entrepreneur can offer products or services whose prices are subject to fluctuations in the financial market and over which the Entrepreneur has no influence, with variable prices. This dependence on fluctuations and the fact that any prices quoted are target prices are stated in the offer.
- Price increases within 3 months after the conclusion of the agreement are only permitted if they are the result of statutory regulations or provisions.
- Price increases from 3 months after the conclusion of the agreement are only permitted if the Entrepreneur has stipulated this and:
- The prices stated in the offer of products or services include VAT.
Article 12 – Compliance with the agreement and extra guarantee
- The Entrepreneur guarantees that the products and/or services comply with the agreement, the specifications stated in the offer, the reasonable requirements of reliability and/or usability and the legal provisions existing on the date of the conclusion of the agreement and /or government regulations.
- An additional guarantee provided by the Entrepreneur, his supplier, manufacturer or importer never limits the legal rights and claims that the Buyer can assert against the Entrepreneur under the agreement if the Entrepreneur has failed to comply with his part of the agreement.
- An additional guarantee is understood to mean any commitment by the Entrepreneur, his supplier, importer or producer in which he grants the Buyer certain rights or claims that go beyond what is legally required in the event that he has failed to fulfill his part of the agreement. .
Article 13 – Delivery and execution
- The Entrepreneur will take the greatest possible care when receiving and executing orders for products and when assessing applications for the provision of services.
- The place of delivery is the address that the Buyer has made known to the Entrepreneur via the Platform.
- With due observance of what is stated in article 4 of these general terms and conditions, the entrepreneur will execute accepted orders expeditiously but at the latest within 30 days, unless a different delivery period has been agreed. If delivery is delayed, or if an order cannot or only partially be executed, the Buyer will be notified of this no later than 30 days after placing the order. In that case, the Buyer has the right to dissolve the agreement without costs and the right to any compensation.
- After dissolution in accordance with the previous paragraph, the Entrepreneur will ensure that the amount paid by the Buyer is immediately refunded by DMGS.
- The risk of damage and/or loss of products rests with the Entrepreneur until the moment of delivery to the Buyer or a representative designated in advance and made known to the Entrepreneur, unless expressly agreed otherwise.
Article 14 – Duration transactions: duration, cancellation and extension
- The Buyer may terminate an agreement that has been entered into for an indefinite period of time and which extends to the regular delivery of products (including electricity) or services, with due observance of the agreed cancellation rules and a notice period of no more than one month.
- The Buyer may terminate an agreement that has been entered into for a definite period and which extends to the regular delivery of products (including electricity) or services, at any time towards the end of the fixed term, with due observance of the agreed cancellation rules and a notice period of at least maximum one month.
- An agreement entered into for a definite period of time and which extends to the regular delivery of products (including electricity) or services may not be tacitly extended or renewed for a definite period.
- Contrary to the previous paragraph, an agreement that has been entered into for a definite period of time and which extends to the regular delivery of daily news and weekly newspapers and magazines may be tacitly extended for a fixed period of a maximum of three months, if the Buyer has agreed to this extended agreement against can cancel the end of the extension with a notice period of no more than one month.
- An agreement that has been entered into for a definite period of time and which extends to the regular delivery of products or services, may only be tacitly extended for an indefinite period if the Buyer may cancel at any time with a notice period of no more than one month. The notice period is a maximum of three months if the agreement extends to the regular, but less than once a month, delivery of daily, news and weekly newspapers and magazines.
- An agreement with a limited duration for the regular delivery of daily, news and weekly newspapers and magazines (trial or introductory subscription) is not tacitly continued and ends automatically after the trial or introductory period.
- If an agreement has a duration of more than one year, the Buyer may terminate the agreement at any time after one year with a notice period of no more than one month, unless reasonableness and fairness oppose cancellation before the end of the agreed duration.
Article 15 – Payment
- Insofar as not provided otherwise in the agreement or additional terms and conditions, the amounts owed by the Buyer must be paid within 14 days after the start of the cooling-off period, or in the absence of a cooling-off period within 14 days after the conclusion of the agreement. In the case of an agreement to provide a service, this period starts on the day after the consumer has received confirmation of the agreement.
- When advance payment is stipulated, the Buyer cannot assert any rights with regard to the execution of the relevant order or service(s) before the stipulated advance payment has been made.
- The Buyer has the obligation to immediately report inaccuracies in payment details provided or stated to DMGS.
- If the Buyer does not fulfill his payment obligation(s) in time, after he has been notified by DMGS of the late payment and DMGS has granted the Buyer a period of 14 days to still fulfill his payment obligations, after failure of payment within this 14-day term, the statutory interest will be owed on the amount still due and DMGS is entitled to charge the extrajudicial collection costs incurred by it. These collection costs amount to a maximum of: 15% on outstanding amounts up to € 2,500; 10% on the next € 2,500 and 5% on the next € 5,000 with a minimum of € 40, =. DMGS may deviate from the stated amounts and percentages in favor of the Buyer.
Article 16 – Complaints procedure
- The Entrepreneur has a sufficiently publicized complaints procedure and handles the complaint in accordance with this complaints procedure.
- Complaints about the implementation of the agreement must be submitted fully and clearly described to the Entrepreneur within a reasonable time after the Buyer has discovered the defects.
- Complaints submitted to the Entrepreneur will be answered within a period of 14 days from the date of receipt. If a complaint requires a foreseeable longer processing time, the Entrepreneur will answer within the period of 14 days with a notification of receipt and an indication when the Buyer can expect a more detailed answer.
Article 17 – Disputes
- Only Dutch law applies to agreements between the Entrepreneur and the Buyer to which these general terms and conditions apply.
Article 18 – Additional or different provisions
Additional provisions or provisions that deviate from these general terms and conditions may not be to the detriment of the Buyer and must be recorded in writing or in such a way that they can be stored by the Buyer in an accessible manner on a durable data carrier.
Appendix 1.1 – Model withdrawal form
Model withdrawal form
(only fill in and return this form if you want to revoke the agreement)
|For the correct return address, view the return information as included in your account on our website.|
I/We* hereby give notice to you that I/we* enter into our agreement regarding
- the sale of the following products: [aanduiding product]
- the delivery of the following digital content: [aanduiding digitale inhoud]
- the provision of the following service: ,revoke/revoke [aanduiding dienst]. Ordered on/received on [datum bestelling bij diensten of ontvangst bij producten] [Naam consumenten(en)] [Adres consument(en)] (only when this form is submitted on paper) [Handtekening consument(en)] Strike out what is not applies or fill in as appropriate.
Appendix 1.2 – Service Levels Business Sellers
- Answer customer questions within 24 hours;
- Can be reached by phone on working days between 09:00 and 17:00;
- Process customer cancellation requests within 24 hours;
- Process and deliver orders within the promised delivery time;
- Process returned items within 24 hours.
- Delivered on time≥ 98% of total shipments*
- Cancellations≤ 2% of the number of items ordered**
- Customer inquiries≤ 5% of the number of items ordered
- Answering Customer Questions≥ 90% of customer inquiries within 1 business day***
- Returns≤ 5% of total number of items ordered
- Pick up the phone≥ 90% of cases within 1 minute****
- Overall Review RatingAt least an 8 or higher
- Track & Trace number100% of total package shipments
The service standard is determined over a period of one week, with the exception of the review figure. The current overall figure that is shown on the site applies here.
* For all ordered items that we can measure on delivery time, we check whether the first delivery attempt falls within the delivery promise indicated by the Business Seller.
** This percentage is calculated based on cancellations by the Business Seller, cancellations by customers after the promised delivery date, and automatic cancellations due to orders that have expired because the Business Seller has not confirmed them on time.
*** This percentage is calculated based on all customer inquiries that Business Seller receives by email.
**** On working days between 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM.
When do I receive my order?
We, the museums and the delivery services do everything to deliver on the promised delivery time. In the unlikely event that we fail, we will inform you. Keep an eye on your Track & Trace for the most current information.
Not received (everything)?
We cannot always ship all items from one order at the same time. In your account you can see if we sent everything at the same time. If we have sent everything, it is best to contact our customer service.
How quickly will I receive an order?
Unfortunately due to COVID-19 the delivery time might be longer. Abroad this can even take up to 3 weeks extra due to customs formalities.
Nothing is more important than the delivery time. That is why you see before you order something when we deliver the item. You usually have items in stock the next day. Items that are not in stock take a little longer.
Do you have a delivery address outside the Netherlands or Belgium?
Then your article will be on the road longer. This table is a good guideline:
|Country||Delivery time (NL)||+ Extra delivery time|
|Germany, Luxembourg||1-2 business day||+ 2 to 3 working days|
|Other EU countries, Norway, Switzerland||1-2 business day||+ 3 to 4 working days|
|Other European countries||1-2 business day||+ 7 to 9 working days|
|North and Central America, Caribbean||1-2 business day||+ 5 to 12 working days|
|Asia, Australia, New Zealand||1-2 business day||+ 9 to 12 working days|
|Other countries||1-2 business day||+ 8 to 10 working days|
Article 1: Definitions
- dutchmuseumgiftshop.nl: dutchmuseumgiftshop.nl (named as DMGS) is currently part of Honeydew. Honeydew is located in (1098 RK) Amsterdam, Bunsenstraat 9-1. Operating in the Netherlands under VAT number: NL001644989B88 and, Amsterdam Chamber of Commerce 34358070.
- Environment: dutchmuseumgiftshop.nl, dutchmuseumgiftshop.com, dumu.nl, and any other application designated by DMGS.
- Platform: the environment in which third parties can offer their products, falling within product categories designated by DMGS, to Users.
- User: any visitor to the Environment.
- Sales account: the account created by the Business Seller in the Environment.
- Articles: all products of which DMGS has indicated that they may be offered by Business Sellers in the Environment.
- Customer: a User of the Environment who proceeds to purchase an Item via the Platform.
- Purchase Agreement: the agreement that is concluded between the Business Seller and a Customer due to the purchase by the Customer of an Item from the Business Seller via the Platform.
- Content: (part of) the specifications of Articles in the Environment, which specifications and Articles can be adjusted by DMGS at any time, consisting of, among other things, text, images and technical specifications, which DMGS makes available for the benefit of the Business Sellers .
- Total price: price including VAT, shipping costs and, where applicable, disposal fee and all other possible amounts imposed by the government that are charged to the Customer.
- DMGS Brands: the DMGS word and figurative marks, as well as other distinguishing marks.
- Fee: the commission charged by DMGS to the Business Seller on the Sales Price, consisting of a variable component. This is 15% of the sales value of the product. If the product is stored and sent via the fulfillment company we use, then separate rates apply.
- Sales price: price including shipping costs, including any disposal fee and/or other government levies imposed, including VAT and including the service fee.
Article 2 – Sales account
- Every Business Seller (also called a Museum) must create a Sales Account before he can offer and sell Items on the Platform.
- In order to act as a Business Seller, the Business Seller must:
- have been registered with the Chamber of Commerce in the Netherlands or the trade register in Belgium for at least 10 weeks;
- to have a VAT number;
- to have an account with DMGS;
- have created a Sales Account in the Environment;
- to have a Dutch or Belgian current account;
- to have a Dutch or Belgian postal address.
- The Business Seller can only participate with one (1) brand/trade name per Sales Account. If the Business Seller wishes to offer Items via the Platform under multiple brands/trade names, the Business Seller must create multiple Sales Accounts.
- The Business Seller is at all times fully responsible for the use made of the Sales Account and for those who access the Sales Account. DMGS is at all times authorized for reasons of its own to suspend the use of the Sales Account by the Business Seller.
- The Business Seller is responsible for the accuracy of the data in its Sales Account.
Article 3 – Product range
- The Business Seller can offer new and second-hand items. The Articles must meet the conditions.
- DMGS is solely entitled to determine which product categories and/or subcategories may be offered on the Platform and/or added to the Platform, as well as from which time this becomes possible. DMGS is also entitled to remove product categories and/or subcategories from the offer on the Platform, without the Business Seller being able to assert any right to DMGS as a result. DMGS reserves the right to exclude certain Items from the product categories and/or subcategories.
- DMGS is free to no longer allow the Business Seller to offer certain Items on the Platform. The Business Seller will discontinue and discontinue the offer of the relevant Item with immediate effect at the request of DMGS. If the Product is nevertheless still offered on the Platform, DMGS is entitled to remove the offer of the relevant Article itself.
- To protect DMGS and the Platform, DMGS strives for a positive price perception among its Customers. That is why, in principle, DMGS determines an RMP (= relevant market price) for each Article on its Platform from time to time. The RMP is set at the lowest outcome of the 2 methods below.
- the Sales Price of the Item used by so-called ”relevant providers” outside the environment.
- If there are 2 – 5 relevant providers, the RMP is the second-lowest Selling Price charged by these providers.
- If there are > 5 relevant suppliers, the RMP is the third-lowest Selling Price charged by these suppliers.
- If there are ≤ 1 relevant suppliers, if available, the recommended retail price as determined by the supplier of the Article (hereinafter the ‘List price’) is also included in the determination of the RMP. If there is 1 relevant provider and a List Price available, the RMP is the highest of these. If no relevant provider is available, but there is a List Price, the RMP is equal to the List Price. If there is 1 relevant provider and no List Price available, the RMP is the price of this provider + X (X= the amount or percentage per tranche as included in column 1 of the table below, multiplied by 4).
- the highest price of the last known Sale Price of the Item in the Buy Block on the day prior to calculating the RMP or the most common Sale Price of the Item in the Buy Block in the 90 days prior to calculating the RMP.
- the Sales Price of the Item used by so-called ”relevant providers” outside the environment.
DMGS will not display Items from the Business Seller on the Platform if:
|Total price||Relevant market price (RMP)|
|> RMP + € 2||€ 0 – € 10|
|> RMP + 20%||€ 10- € 50|
|> RMP + € 10||€ 50 – € 100|
|> RMP + 10%||€ 100 – € 600|
|> RMP + € 60||€ 600 – € 1000|
|> RMP + 6%||> € 1000|
- DMGS will not display second-hand Items from the Business Seller on the Platform if the Sale Price of the Item is higher than the Sale Price of the same Item that is currently offered as new on the Environment in the Buying Block, if applicable.
- DMGS is entitled not to include or remove from the Platform the offer or certain information stated by the Business Seller with regard to the offer if in DMGS’s opinion this is incorrect or misleading, or contrary to these conditions or, in the opinion of DMGS, may be harmful to the reputation of DMGS, the Platform or third parties.
- If possible, the Business Seller will offer free returns to Customers.
Complaint about a product or service of DMGS
If you have a complaint about our products or our service, you can contact us via the contact form. You will receive a substantive response from us within 14 days of receiving your complaint. If you do not agree with the solution or if we cannot reach a solution together? Then you can submit your complaint to the Thuiswinkel Disputes Committee, PO Box 90600, 2509 LP in The Hague, The Netherlands (www.sgc.nl). You can also submit your complaint to the Disputes Committee via the European ODR Platform (ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/).
Complaint about product or service from one of the museums affiliated with DMGS
If you have a complaint about a product or service from one of the museums affiliated with DMGS, you can contact us via the contact form. We will then share your complaint with the museum and you will receive a substantive response from us within 14 days of receipt of your complaint. If you do not agree with the solution or if we cannot reach a solution together? Then you can submit your complaint to the Disputes Committee via the European ODR Platform (https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/)
Complaint about product or service from one of the museums affiliated with DMGS
If you have a complaint about a product or service from one of the museums affiliated with DMGS, you can contact us via the contact form. We will then share your complaint with the museum and you will receive a substantive response from us within 14 days of receipt of your complaint. If you do not agree with the solution or if we cannot reach a solution together? Then you can submit your complaint to the Thuiswinkel Disputes Committee, PO Box 90600, 2509 LP in The Hague, The Netherlands (www.sgc.nl). You can also submit your complaint to the Disputes Committee via the European ODR Platform (ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/).