Can I return my items?
As a consumer, you can invoke the statutory right of withdrawal from the external sales party, in this case the museum, where you made the purchase. You have the right to withdraw from the contract within 14 days without giving any reason. The withdrawal period expires 14 days after the day on which you or a third party designated by you, who is not the carrier, takes physical possession of the good. To exercise the right of withdrawal, you must notify us by means of an unambiguous statement (for example, in writing, by post, fax or e-mail) that you are withdrawing from the contract. You can use the model cancellation form for this, but you are not obliged to do so. To meet the cancellation period, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right of cancellation before the cancelation period has expired.
Consequences of the cancellation
- If you cancel the contract, you will receive all payments you have made up to that point, including delivery costs (with the exception of any additional costs resulting from your choice of a delivery method other than the cheapest standard delivery offered by us) without delay and in any case, no later than 14 days after we have been informed of your decision to cancel the agreement, back from us.
- If you return only part of your order, the costs for delivery will not be refunded.
- We will pay you back with the same payment method with which you made the original transaction, unless you have explicitly agreed otherwise; in any case, you will not be charged for such reimbursement.
- We may withhold the refund until we have received the goods back or until you have demonstrated that you have returned the goods, whichever is the earlier.
- You must return or hand over the goods to us without delay, but in any case no later than 14 days after the day on which you have notified us of your decision to cancel the agreement.
- The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
- You will have to bear the direct costs of returning the goods.
- Unless stated otherwise, the return address for products is: Nieuwegracht 1 A, 3763 LP Soest, The Netherlands. For products that are sent directly by museums, the return address will be the address of the relevant museum. See also ‘What is the return address?’
- You are only liable for the diminished value of the goods resulting from the use of the goods, which goes beyond what is necessary to determine the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
Are there certain items that I cannot return?
In general, you can return all items, but there are a few exceptions:
- Products that are not suitable to be returned for reasons of health protection or hygiene and of which the seal has been broken after delivery;
- Audio, video recordings and computer software of which the seal has been broken after delivery.
- Printing-on-demand reproductions cannot be returned as these are made to order.
How do I return my items?
You can request a return in your account: Log in, go to your order and report your item return. The direct costs of returning the goods are for your account.
- Keep your proof of shipment or the email. This allows us to track your shipment if something goes wrong.
- Multiple items returned? Tick all the items you want to return in your account. Are all items from the same seller? Then cam be put into 1 box. Multiple return addresses? Then register each item separately and send them separately in a separate box, each with its own shipping label.
- Doesn’t fit in 1 box? Mention the address and return number on each box, then we will match them in our warehouse.
- It is not possible to report more than 10 items in one return.
- You can also return via the model withdrawal form.
What is the return address?
Always email us first at email@example.com for exact information about the correct return address for an order. The return address below applies to the following museums: Depot Boymans Van Beuningen, Eye Filmmuseum, Groninger Museum, Rijksmuseum, Tropenmuseum, Mondriaanhuis, National Millitair Museum, Naturalis.
t.a.v. Dutch Museum Gift Shop
Nieuwegracht 1 A
3763 LP Soest
For products sent directly by museums, the return address will be the address of the relevant museum. Below is an overview of the return addresses of the museums:
How soon will I be refunded after returning?
We will refund the purchase amount as soon as possible, but no later than 14 days after receipt of the cancellation notice. However, we may withhold reimbursement until we have received the products, or until you have demonstrated that you have sent them. Most returns are processed within 5 working days after they have been returned. How soon the money will be in your account after that depends on your payment method:
- iDEAL or pay afterwards : within 3 working days
- Credit Card : within 5 working days
How quickly is a return processed?
Usually that is within 5 working days after you have sent it. We will keep you informed by mail. We will refund you as soon as your return has been processed.
How do I know if you have received my return?
We will email you as soon as your return has been processed. Usually that is within 5 working days after you have sent it back.