Terms & Conditions
Dutch Museum Gift Shop applies the general terms and conditions of the Dutch Thuiswinkel Organization. These General Terms and Conditions of the Dutch Thuiswinkel Organization (hereinafter: Thuiswinkel.org) have been drawn up in consultation with the Consumers’ Association within the framework of the Coordination Group Self-regulation Consultation (CZ) of the Social and Economic Council and will come into effect on 1 June 2014.
See: Terms & Conditons
What delivery options can I choose?
How do I order something?
In 3 easy steps:
- Put an item in your shopping cart and go to order.
- Check and arrange your order. Think of the address, delivery date and packing service.
- Round up by paying. This is possible with iDEAL, or credit card
If you do not have an account yet, you can create this during ordering. Our employees cannot place an order for you by telephone.
Do you want to place an order for larger quantities? Then request a quote
How soon will I be refunded if my order fails?
That your order failed can have several causes. How quickly the money is in your account depends on the reason for your failed order and your payment method:
iDEAL or afterwards: within 3 working days
Credit card: within 5 working days
with iDEAL payment: topped up within 1 hour. Tip: check the value in your account
What can I do if I accidentally ordered an item several times?
If your order has not yet been shipped, you can cancel and then order the correct one. If your order has been shipped, you can return it or refuse it at the door.
Can I still change the order that I have already placed?
No, an order can no longer be modified to protect your data. If your order has not yet been shipped, you can cancel it.
Was my order successful because I have not received a confirmation?
Is your order added to your account? Then it worked.
If you ordered more than 45 minutes ago and you have not received a confirmation and there is nothing in your account, please contact customer service. And do not worry: if money has been debited, we will automatically refund you.
Order & Delivery
How can I order?
Ordering is very easy:
- Select the product or products you wish to purchase by adding them to the shopping cart – each product has an “Add to Cart” button to do this.
- When you add a product you will immediately be given the choice to go to your shopping cart to continue checking out – otherwise you can always go to your shopping cart at the top of the site by clicking on the shopping cart.
- Once in your shopping cart you will see what the costs for your order are, whether there are any additional service costs. You can also choose a delivery option here and see what the costs for delivery are (if you already provide your address here).
- Then proceed to Checkout. You can enter billing and delivery address and select your payment method here.
- We use Mollie for payments, if you continue on the payment page you will be redirected via Mollie to the payment page of your bank.
Which delivery costs are charged?
Depending on the address where the order must be delivered, shipping costs will be charged. Orders are delivered by PostNL or GLS. In general, orders within the Netherlands and outside Europe are shipped with PostNL; orders in most countries within Europe will be shipped with GLS. For rates, see the respective websites:
If multiple delivery options are possible, these will be stated including costs at checkout and you can choose the delivery option you want.
Depending on the agreements we have with the selling museums, additional processing costs may be charged. In these cases, this is always stated before you checkout.
Also depending on the agreements we have with the selling museums, the products are either sent centrally by the Dutch Museum Gift Shop or by the museums themselves. If you have products from different museums in your shopping cart that are shipped from different locations, shipping costs will be charged separately for each location.
When do I receive my order?
We, the museums and the delivery services do everything to deliver on the promised delivery time. In the unlikely event that we fail, we will inform you. Keep an eye on your Track & Trace for the most current information.
Not received (everything)?
We cannot always ship all items from one order at the same time. In your account you can see if we sent everything at the same time. If we have sent everything, it is best to contact our customer service.
How quickly will I receive an order?
Unfortunately due to COVID-19 the delivery time might be longer. Abroad this can even take up to 3 weeks extra due to customs formalities.
Nothing is more important than the delivery time. That is why you see before you order something when we deliver the item. You usually have items in stock the next day. Items that are not in stock take a little longer.
Do you have a delivery address outside the Netherlands or Belgium?
Then your article will be on the road longer. This table is a good guideline:
|Country||Delivery time (NL)||+ Extra delivery time|
|Germany, Luxembourg||1-2 business day||+ 2 to 3 working days|
|Other EU countries, Norway, Switzerland||1-2 business day||+ 3 to 4 working days|
|Other European countries||1-2 business day||+ 7 to 9 working days|
|North and Central America, Caribbean||1-2 business day||+ 5 to 12 working days|
|Asia, Australia, New Zealand||1-2 business day||+ 9 to 12 working days|
|Other countries||1-2 business day||+ 8 to 10 working days|
What delivery options can I choose?
Depending on the delivery address, size and weight of the total order, the correct delivery rates are calculated. For deliveries in the Netherlands of orders of € 75 or more, no shipping costs will be charged.
Depending on the type of fulfillment a museum uses for its products, additional processing costs may be charged. These possible additional costs are mentioned at the checkout.
I did not order anything, but I did receive a package
Are your name and address on the box? Then check whether there is a payment instruction with the order.
No payment instruction
Then it is probably a gift. If the item is wrapped in gift wrap, you may also have received a personal greeting.
However, a payment instruction
Then it is an incorrect order. Please contact customer service.
Openen in Google Translate
Webresultaat met sitelinks
I cannot find my order with Track & Trace
You click faster than the postal company could process! Your Track & Trace code will be available from the next day.
What is a Track & Trace code?
We mark an order with a Track & Trace code. Very handy, because that way you can see when the delivery person comes by. It is also your proof of shipment. If something goes wrong, we can see where it is with the Track & Trace code.
Please note, not all delivery methods offer Track & Trace.
Who delivers my order?
We work together with PostNL in the Netherlands. For other countries, we work together with other postal companies. Some museums send the packages themselves. These can also cooperate with other delivery parties.
Free shipping in the Netherlands
When you have your order delivered in the Netherlands, it can be eligible for free shipping, however:
- The value of the order must be €75 or higher.
- The items in the order should be shipped from the same location.
This last statement requires some extra explanation. The museums that participate in Dutch Museum Gift Shop either send the products themselves or have delegated the fulfilment to our fulfilment partner. If you order items from multiple museums the cart and/or checkout page can show multiple entries for shipping; this means that the order is shipped from multiple locations and might therefore not be (fully) eligible for free shipping. If however, the value of the items shipped from one of those locations is €75 or higher, that part of the order will still be eligible for free shipping.
Can I always pay afterwards?
Yes. If you pay with a credit card, the amount will only be debited when your item has been delivered.
How can I pay?
With the payment methods below, you pay safely anyway.
- iDEAL: is the most used online payment method in the Netherlands; pay via the trusted online payment environment of your bank
- Creditcard: the amount will be reserved and only debited after your item has been delivered
- Bancontact: Bancontact processes about 150,000 online payment transactions per day, making it the most used payment method in Belgium.
- Giropay: Giropay is an online payment platform from the German banks, which is based on the existing German online banking system and specially designed for use in E-commerce environments.
- SOFORT banking: European payment method with which payments and donations can be made, without consumers having to create additional accounts.
- Bank Transfer: This is a manual transfer to the bank account of Mollie (our payment provider).
Can I return my items?
You have the right to withdraw from the contract within 14 days without giving any reason. The withdrawal period expires 14 days after the day on which you or a third party designated by you, who is not the carrier, takes physical possession of the good.
To exercise the right of withdrawal, you must notify us by means of an unambiguous statement (for example, in writing, by post, fax or e-mail) that you are withdrawing from the contract. You can use the model cancellation form for this, but you are not obliged to do so.
To meet the cancellation period, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right of cancellation before the cancelation period has expired.
Consequences of the cancellation
- If you cancel the contract, you will receive all payments you have made up to that point, including delivery costs (with the exception of any additional costs resulting from your choice of a delivery method other than the cheapest standard delivery offered by us) without delay and in any case, no later than 14 days after we have been informed of your decision to cancel the agreement, back from us.
- If you return only part of your order, the costs for delivery will not be refunded.
- We will pay you back with the same payment method with which you made the original transaction, unless you have explicitly agreed otherwise; in any case, you will not be charged for such reimbursement.
- We may withhold the refund until we have received the goods back or until you have demonstrated that you have returned the goods, whichever is the earlier.
- You must return or hand over the goods to us without delay, but in any case no later than 14 days after the day on which you have notified us of your decision to cancel the agreement.
- The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired.
- You will have to bear the direct costs of returning the goods.
- Unless stated otherwise, the return address for products is: Nieuwegracht 1 A, 3763 LP Soest, The Netherlands. For products that are sent directly by museums, the return address will be the address of the relevant museum.
- You are only liable for the diminished value of the goods resulting from the use of the goods, which goes beyond what is necessary to determine the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
Are there certain items that I cannot return?
In general, you can return all items, but there are a few exceptions:
- Products that are not suitable to be returned for reasons of health protection or hygiene and of which the seal has been broken after delivery;
- Audio, video recordings and computer software of which the seal has been broken after delivery.
How do I return my items?
Free in most cases. And as easy as possible. We would like to be notified so that we can pay you back quickly. That is why every return shipment starts in your account: Log in, go to your order and report your item back. You will automatically see how you can return the package for free.
- Keep your proof of shipment or the email. This allows us to track your shipment if something goes wrong.
- Multiple items returned? Tick all the items you want to return in your account. Are all items from the same seller? Then cam be put into 1 box. Multiple return addresses? Then register each item separately and send them separately in a separate box, each with its own shipping label.
- Doesn’t fit in 1 box? Mention the address and return number on each box, then we will match them in our warehouse.
- It is not possible to report more than 10 items in one return.
- You can also return via the model withdrawal form.
What is the return address?
Unless stated otherwise, the return address for products is: Nieuwegracht 1 A, 3763 LP Soest, The Netherlands. For products that are sent directly by museums, the return address will be the address of the relevant museum.
How soon will I be refunded after returning?
We will refund you immediately after we have handled your return. Most returns are processed within 5 working days after they have been returned. How soon the money will be in your account after that depends on your payment method:
- iDEAL or pay afterwards : within 3 working days
- Credit Card : within 5 working days
How quickly is a return processed?
Usually that is within 5 working days after you have sent it. We will keep you informed by mail. We will refund you as soon as your return has been processed.
How do I know if you have received my return?
We will email you as soon as your return has been processed. Usually that is within 5 working days after you have sent it back.
What if I cannot print the return label?
With pen you write the return address with return number on your return package. That is not necessary in your most beautiful handwriting, as long as it is clearly legible.
How long is the warranty valid?
That depends on the article. The warranty that we offer you is laid down by law and is tailored to the expected lifespan of an item.
A manufacturer’s warranty also applies to some products. This guarantee does not affect the legal guarantee. The manufacturer’s warranty differs per manufacturer. You can see how long it takes in the documentation for your article.
What is the warranty of my article?
Your invoice or proof of purchase is also your guarantee immediately. We keep your invoice in your account, when ordering. You will never lose it again.
Do I have a warranty on my items?
Of course! We guarantee that you buy an item that is in good condition and continues to work as expected under normal use, this is the legal warranty. As long as you only use that hairdryer to dry your hair and not your newly painted walls, you’ll be fine with that normal use.
If not, we look for a good solution. Depending on your item, we will arrange a repair or refund of the purchase amount. If you have bought from one of our sellers, our seller is ready for you via the order in your account. Since you have entered into the purchase agreement with him, he is also the one who helps you.
Complaint about a product or service of DMGS
If you have a complaint about our products or our service, you can contact us via the contact form. You will receive a substantive response from us within 14 days of receiving your complaint. If you do not agree with the solution or if we cannot reach a solution together? Then you can submit your complaint to the Disputes Committee via the European ODR Platform (https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/)
Complaint about product or service from one of the museums affiliated with DMGS
If you have a complaint about a product or service from one of the museums affiliated with DMGS, you can contact us via the contact form. We will then share your complaint with the museum and you will receive a substantive response from us within 14 days of receipt of your complaint. If you do not agree with the solution or if we cannot reach a solution together? Then you can submit your complaint to the Disputes Committee via the European ODR Platform (https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/)
Dutch Museum Gift Shop cares a lot about your privacy. We therefore only process data that we need for (the improvement of) our services and handle the information we have collected about you and your use of our services with care. We never make your data available to third parties for commercial purposes.